April 24, 2010

sweet baby...


Remember a few posts back I said I was working on some mini albums? Well, I'm happy to say that I've finished one. It's my first so tread gentle...would love to hear what you think about it. I love it to pieces; can see where I can improve for next time..oh the journey is my favourite part of crafting..always learning, exploring and improving along the way.
This baby album was made with my friend Susan in mind..I hope to surprise her with it..hope she will have fun filling it with pictures and memories of being a first time mama...

I had so much fun creating this mini album. I'm not really into scrapbooking myself, but I had seen many posts on mini albums and I was hooked. Of course when I went looking for mini chipboard albums I couldn't find any...then one day I happened to look in the $1.50 section at Michaels and they had a bunch of great shaped ones..on sale..such a deal..I now have a stockpile of them..
The cover..possibly my fave page of the album. The onesie was fun to make..and I used my fave P.T.I set as well..how could I resist. I love the soft feel of the cream and blues together.The tab can be used to write in the date of birth and baby's name...
The inside of the cover..had to part with some of my Melissa Frances goodies here..well worth it..

A little pocket to add precious memories...vintage trims add to the shabby feel I was going for. More P.T.I stamps and Prima papers..
A spot to tuck a photo..
Little feet are adorable...
Front and back of a page inserted..Keeping track of first teeth.
Some more Melissa Frances goodies, Prima paper and Tim Holtz stamps..
Another photo page...
An envelope insert to keep little tabs in..perhaps all the little cards that come with flower bouquets...
I couldn't bear to cover up Mr. Rabbit. The back cover (inside)
And the outside back cover..stamped to match the front, and all distressed to look vintage and shabby..
All in all I feel very satisfied; glad that I finally finished it. Can't wait to start on another...
Thanks for visiting!
~Rebekah

5 comments:

  1. Becky - Thank you so much for making this with me and Baby Roman in mind! I just received it by mail this morning & I'm in LOVE with it! I brought it to work to show everyone. They were so intrigued by the first card that you sent me that I thought to myself "Wait till they see this!!!" I love it to pieces & I can't thank you enough for honouring me with this baby album. This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. It shall be cherished - I promise!

    Keep up the great work because you are a STAR!

    Lots of love,
    Susan & Baby Roman <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - My first memory to go into the "Mommy's Memories" will be the date I recieved this album and how it made me tear up when I read your blog Becky!! Thank you again!

    -Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terricca GlasfordMay 13, 2010 at 8:17 AM

    This is very Nice you are so talented. Keep up your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... this is way too awesome... totally wow me... great work of art... LOVE it... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best albums I have seen - absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D