September 29, 2010

autumn leaves...


are all over my back yard..Orange, gold, ochre and red as far as the eye can see. They blanket the ground, and hide the grass...The breeze coaxes the leaves from their branches; they swirl down from the trees and join the others on the ground. A spectacular fall sight..my heart is happy..We will not rake the leaves yet, they shall stay there in their gorgeous splendor...it's a futile effort anyways, there are more leaves waiting to fall...
This card was the last of the set that I was making for my cousin. I have to say it was the most fun to make as well.. I had the little raffle ticket sitting in my stash for the longest while..and had the perfect opportunity to use it. I tried to make the background papers mimic a quilt, with all the patches and stitching..a mixture of Melissa Frances papers, The Girl's Paperie(how I adore their papers!)P.T.I patterned paper as well. Of course I had to use my favourite embellishments-buttons. It helps tie in with the theme I was going for. 
I also made sure to add a doily and a flower to my card so I could play along with the CCCB challenge this week that Ros has set out... It's good to be getting back into challenges and sketch sites!
Here's a peek at the set I excitedly sent out in the mail today. I hope Bibi enjoys them as much as I enjoyed creating them for her.

Til next time friends,
~Becks

7 comments:

  1. Oh these cards are just absolutely STUNNING!! I loooove the Girl's Paperie as well...wants me to get out more from my stash! Surely she is going to love these collection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card ...so soft and pretty ...and yes very much like a quilt .. I love all the cards you have done ... the little birdie really caught my eye and I'm sure your cousin will love them ... so glad to that you joined us at CCCB
    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was Bibi. She is a lucky girl...she gets them...... Your cards are breathtaking!
    My favorite is your card for CCCB. All those lovely details and that raffle ticket is gorgeous. Such an elegant, soft and feminine card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! such gorgeous creations! love, love, LOVE them!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, always love your soft and romantic style, Bibi is one lucky girl! : )
    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, good to have you here again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect creation for this challenge.. It is beautiful... So glad you played along with us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I mentioned to Becky when I asked her to make these cards, I moved away over ten years ago from a small town where I had lots of girlfriends - one of the special groups was our Stitch & Chat group. We had met every Monday night for ten years, chatting about kids, family, life etc while we cross-stitched, quilted, knitted... I hate to part with these cards but I know they will be appreciated for the beautiful art that they are. Thanks Rebecca,
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D