November 4, 2010

everythings right with a cup of tea...


It's no secret round here that I'm a bit of a tea fan...my cupboard is slowly filling up with delectable types of tea...if I see a new flavour I might like, I buy it..my guy tells me nicely that I don't need any more tea, and that I need to drink what I have first, but there's nothing better than having a selection on hand...'cuz you never know when the mood will strike for a certain type of tea.

I think I've always had a thing for tea..I used to watch my mom drink it as a child and wish I were "grown up" enough to be able to drink tea. As a child we had a tea set, and were only allowed to use it on special occasions..."Once in a blue moon" my mom would say. Needless to say I couldn't wait for a blue moon month(the second full moon in one calendar month) and break out that tea set. It was special.. I remember it fondly. I suppose every little girl enjoys a tea party...

There's nothing that a cup of tea can't make better; a headache?have a cup of tea...feeling ill? have a cup of tea..cold day outside? you got it; have a cup of tea....it's soothing.. calming.. I just can't start my day without a cup of tea..I recently bought a proper tea cup.. with saucer. I enjoy its thin, delicate handle..tea never tastes as good as it does in a fine, bone china tea cup.

I made this card at the request of my mom...I know the recipient will enjoy it..I had fun making it.. the tea cup image is free hand..made with my favourite  Melissa Frances papers..little pearls added as accents... I decided to keep this card clean and simple...showcase the Basic Grey papers in the background...focus on the tea cup...and of course had to add a little 'bling' to the steam rising from the cup ( I do apologize for the photos.. I had to use a light box to photo them..it was night and I needed to capture the card before I got on a plane!)

I'll leave you with this quote.. which sums me up to a "T"
 
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me".  ~C.S. Lewis

Good night friends ...
~Becks

3 comments:

  1. Perfect; evey detail and every piece....I'm smitten and I love love love the colors you've used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful beautiful card! I love your tea cup and the beautiful delicate softness you have created here. In the UK we drink tea from babies!
    Have a lovely day Becks ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there is an award waiting for you on my blog :)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D