April 16, 2011

birthday bliss...

Birthday season is kicking off next week for my crew. My guy celebrates first then a whole slew of birthdays follow.. I can't wait for mine to come around ;) I am one of those people who love celebrating my birthday, don't care who knows my age..Often people are shocked when I tell them how old I really am.
I have found that I'm usually last minute for making birthday cards. So when I stumbled across this blog, you can imagine how I felt. Such a great idea, having birthday card challenges so you are always with in arms reach of a fab birthday card.
Diving right in with the current challenge.. again, barely squeezing in before the deadline..a result of just finding the site...The inspiration picture was a beauty! I decided to play with the banner detail...I'm hooked on banners lately..using up little scraps..making a shabby cupcake.. using some corrugated cardboard painted and glittered up. Every cupcake needs a little glitter...
Trying to capture the 3d effects of the cupcake icing..all sorts of buttons, trims, stitching..I love the way this one turned out.
What do ya think? Does it pass the grade :) I better get this posted over on Birthday Sundaes blog before time runs out. Give it a check. I can't wait for the next challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stay sweet :)
~Becks

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found my challenge blog! Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful take on the inspiration picture. Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I'm in love! Love your card making style! So perfect, Rebekah! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAA dorable!!!!!!!!!!! Such sweet shabby layers. I laughed when I read your comment about PTI and there stuff this month...I thought the same thing and was so happy that nothing tempted me. I am tired of them getting all my money lol. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This handmade beauty is a gift of its own. Jaw dropping gorgeous Rebekah; I keep staring at it :)
    There are so many stunning details; sigh.........
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! this is a pure "Sweet" delight ... everything about it is amazing ... and best of all I can enjoy it as much as I want without putting on an ounce of weight!! ... Fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa azul e creme são sempre lindos! E seu toque com a cereja, deixou ainda mais lindo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and elegant, really love the soft colors and amazing details

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic shabby chic birthday card, totally love the softness of your colours, fab details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D