October 14, 2012

rustic elegance...TSTR #136

When I saw Rebecca's challenge for us at The Shabby Tea Room I couldn't wait to get crafty. Just look at that gorgeous inspiration pic! Our challenge recipe this week is a yummy combo of:

                                            * COLOURS FROM THE PHOTO
                                            * A 'RUSTIC' ELEMENT ( i.e.WOOD or BURLAP)
                                            * AN ELEGANT ELEMENT


The possibilities are endless... Such an inspiring photo, paired with beautiful Papers from Janet (Shabby Chic Paper) Our winner this week will win a $50 prize pack from Frost It Pink and our Terrific top Three will win 3(1st place) 2(second place) or 1(third place) collages from Janet's Digital Paper Shop(etsy)


I used some Tim Holtz goodies here: woodgrain embossing folder and chandelier stamp.I ran my white ink over the raised bits of the embossing to give it a vintage vibe.. Some glitzy gems (part of my elegant element) and a wooden button for my 'rustic' element.


Janet's papers pair perfectly with my embossed background.. and I got to use my new Paper Sweeties stamp from the "So Sweet of You" set!

Join me in checking out what the other Shabby Girls created today:

                          Debbie- Deb's Simple Treasures

                          Lenet- To Scrap or Not to Scrap

                          Rebecca- Paper Primrose

                          Tracey- Trace Elementz

                          Starr- The Paper Chase


I'm off on vacation in a couple days.. See you in the Tea Room!!
~Becks

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful background with the white on the woodgrain embossing! And you're right-it's beautiful against Janet's paper..this whole card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely creation ... perfect take on the challenge ... have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah, I adore your card! The embossed background is perfect for the challenge and the chandeliers are so elegant!
    I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of the embossed background and those stylish chandeliers is so fabulous!! The floral panel is beautiful and it all makes a gorgeous card! Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous lace flower and the soft colour tones of the whole card.......very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D